Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

What happens during meditation



Sometimes in meditation I am trying to keep my eyes closed and think peaceful thoughts.

But during this I can feel my hands on my knees--they are growing warm, for some reason. I can feel each finger pulsing with its own blood.

And as I sit there it seems my hands start to grow, increasing in weight and breadth.



They grow and grow as I breathe, feeling heavier on my knees each second. They feel muscular, blunt-fingered, incredibly strong. They get bigger and bigger, radiating heat and capability.

By the time they are winding up the meditation I am sitting there with these gigantic, fantastic puppet-hands on my knees and I don't want to open my eyes.




I know they really are this big, as big as one of the chairs in the room, these warm, friendly paw-like hands.



But when I open my eyes they will just look small again, small and hot and passive in my lap, just regular meditation hands after all.

2 comments: