Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

COVID 19 Journal 4

March 18, 2020


I miss my mom so much! Tonight it almost seems unbearable to think of all the weeks I need to refrain from seeing her. 

There's a big hook inside me that gets hung up and wants to plan a walking get-together with her, or a park meet-up. It seems so easy because she's only an hour away and we all still feel well!

Atticus misses her, too, big time. This virus is cruel and humbling. I will have to be strong and put some hard stops on these feelings. It's time to pretend I'm at summer camp, or college--some time in my life when I didn't see her for long stretches. 

But those times were interesting--college and camp--with new experiences and things to learn. Now is a more sedentary, dull time when the absence of her weekly visit (such an integral part of our week here) is a loud absence. It croaks and groans like the setting on Atticus/Mart's keyboard that alwyas sounds like an empty giant's belly growling.

What Changed Today (or Lately)
  • NATO closed its borders in some European countries to slow the virus spread
  • County parks and libraries closed here (big loss for us, especially the park closings)
  • I got approved for some bonus administrative leave until March 31, and had my last 2-hour segment working on campus.
  • Trump Co. is trying to pass a stimulus package to help people who have been laid off




No comments:

Post a Comment